Near Galveston’s Most
Explore, Dine, & Shop In Galveston
In addition to our variety of onsite activities, we encourage you to “venture out” and immerse yourself in the best island hospitality Galveston has to offer, from beaches and outdoor activities to historical museums, shopping, and more!
A vacation on Galveston Island is not complete without adventuring at its one-of-a-kind attractions:
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
- Schlitterbahn Water Park
- Moody Gardens Aquarium and Discovery Museum
Soak up some “vitamin sea” at Galveston’s beautiful beaches along the 32 miles of Gulf of Mexico coastline:
- Stewart Beach
- East Beach
- Galveston Island State Park
- And More!
Whether fishing in the bay or deep in the Gulf, you’ll find endless opportunities to cast your fishing line for speckled trout, flounder, mackerel, and more. Head to…
- Galveston’s 61st Street Fishing Pier
- Seawolf Park
- Offshore Fishing Charters
Galveston Island has the best spots for other outdoor activities like birding, golf, boating, and more
- Experience stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), rent a kayak or take surf lessons.
- Go birdwatching at East End Lagoon Nature Preserve or Galveston Island State Park.
- Practice your swing at Moody Gardens Golf Course or Galveston Country Club.
Immerse yourself in history! Learn all about Galveston’s rich and diverse story at places like…
- The Bryan Museum
- 1892 Bishop’s Palace & 1895 Moody Mansion
- Galveston Historic Seaport
- Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig & Museum
- Galveston Railroad Museum
Savor coastal cuisine al fresco after an eventful day of island adventures at…
- The Spot
- Fisherman’s Wharf
- Katie’s Seafood House
- Little Daddy’s Gumbo Bar
- The List Goes On and On…
Shop ‘til you drop and find year-round special events at…
- The Strand
- Postoffice Street
- Seawall Boulevard